Here we are 19 weeks into having a baby. Whilst I most certainly don’t have it all together I do feel I have a few tips to offer on how to appear you have it together. Fake it until you make it right?
1. Freeze lemon wedges- so even if you have no milk or anything, because lets face it there will be times things get that out of hand, you can offer any random guests a water with lemon wedge.
2. In the same vein freeze cakes. Oh how do you have time to bake? you don’t always but when you do make double. Also a good night time snack!
3.Keep dusters everywhere. I have them in the drawers in each room and the glove box of the car. That way it is so easy to do a quick whip around when you notice its dusty. By having them in each room you do not have to leave bubba unattended to go get one. The duster in the car means when the baby falls asleep in the car and hasn’t woken and you get to wherever I just give the car a quick once over whilst waiting for them to finish their nap.
4. I have makeup and hairdryers in both bedroom and bathroom so I can get dressed even if baby is napping in my room without disturbance. Luckily I can also normally pull together an outfit due to the piles of folded laundry which I now keep on the dining table!
5. To include exercise do it as something you do when baby is awake. Mums and bubs classes, walks so they sleep, I am now going to try a workout dvd whilst Milly is in the jumparoo… one less thing to do when they nap which means you are more likely to be able to pop your feet up.
6. Get help from others- on the weekend I really like the husband to look after the baby so I can prep some tasty healthy food for the week.
7. Food delivery and online shopping- say no more!
8. A good bright lippy- no one will notice you cant open your eyes if your lips are bright!
9. dry shampoo
10. radox- having a baby is a crash course in muscle toning!
Do you have any mummy cheats for me?