I am really enjoying these sorts of posts as they just contain things which I have been thinking about and have been interesting me lately!
1. I have budget on the brain! I am going to download all last years transactions, firm up a budget and get our savings goals in order for the year. Given that our situation is so variable, ie. we have more if I work, if hubs works abroad etc I will base it on worst case ( or least money scenario) then anything else is a bonus. I am also checking in with centrelink to see what assistance we may be entitled to if I am not working.
2. I am also feeling the spring vibe, I want to finish the house off and then give it a darn good clean… anyone else with me?
3. On the subject of budget since having Milly our priorities have shifted so vastly. We are also really trying to be healthy and not use junk food or sugar as a treat or reward. We don’t really ‘do’ valentines day as such so have decided that we will just cook one another a nice meal, or do something together and buy a lotto ticket. We both find lotto quite exciting but limiting our purchases to valentines day and other special occasions means its not a regular expense.
4. So on Valentines day this year we headed into the city. All plans to go to the movies went out the window and we watched ‘the giants’ in the city. Oh my god these giant puppets were amazing. Milly had a ball. We then had lunch at my dads and came home and all ended up having a 2 hour nap… bliss!
5. Milly is so mobile now and is loving being out and about and active. We went to a soft play place this week… what an adventure. We climbed the scramble nets and went down the slides, had a bounce on the bouncy castle, stopped for lunch and then carried on playing in the small kids area.
6. Freebies in a few magazines. I don’t buy magazines too much, but now I have less time for books and I want to spend less time reading on technology infront of Milly ( bad habits and all), I may start getting the ones with free stuff… why not!????
7. Tomorrow I am off for girls morning with Mr Grey. I have no idea how it will be but this made me laugh….
8. I got some Popbasic in the post. This company is so fantastic. Their stuff is lovely and really reasonable. Follow this link for $15 off your first purchase. I got the shirt and the bracelet was a present from them.
9. I had a gorgeous birthday meal with a girlfriend at Miss Kittys Saloon. It was lovely and the sunset after was even better.
Whats been happening lately? Fill me in….