Hello Everyone, its been a while hasn’t it? I thought I would do a round up post of life lately as you seem to like them and honestly I am not in the right place to know which way is up at the moment.
1. We went to sleep school. This is the reason I have been off-com. Finally at over 10 months of age my daughter has learned to sleep through the night and is only breastfeeding twice per day. Now I am actually getting some restorative sleep I am exhausted. More tired than I have ever known. I assume this is the massive sleep deficit catching up on me and my body is running off actual energy and not just adrenaline and stress hormones. Whilst I wasn’t feeling stressed I have not really accounted for the massive amount of stress my body had been under.
2. Following on from that I also had not realised until I was at sleep school just how much I had done alone in the first year of Millys life. Flying to the uk- alone with a 5 month old. Weeks on end of parenting with my husband working away and essentially very little help. Not through a lack of offers more through a baby who really needed me a LOT! Anyway this week at sleep school the art of self care was really drummed into me. As I am not working I don’t feel in a position to use a day care facility so instead my mother in law will have her one day a week when possible and I will join the gym and utilise the creche so I at least have 1 hour a day to myself when my husband is away. I am loathe to use the term SOLO parenting which seems to popular as it make you sounds alone. I am not SOLO, we are a team, but one half of our team has to work away at times to help bring in the money which affords me to stay at home- No I in that!
3. This led me to thinking about my plans for the future. I do want to start my business but i just don’t feel like i want to work all hours. This may be a truly indulgent paragraph but here goes. I have been watching lots of youtube about minimalism and many of the concepts are ones I love. One of the key ideas I have picked up is minimal outgoings equals minimal incomings required. Let us really question why I would be working? To keep busy? to be challenged? To create some income and to allow myself a balanced job. I can see that being self employed could easily get out of hand. Alison talks a lot about creating your world and job and it really got my brain ticking. I need a flexible job. In my heart of hearts I would still love to follow my old career, there are just no vacancies currently that fit my lifestyle requirements, so I would like the flexibility to pick up those contracts as required. I would like a lot of my work to be what I can do from home, i.e. the admin side, accounts, orders etc. I would love to spend my baby free days doing some more work, e.g. building the business, sourcing, connecting with people etc. I don’t really want to spend my time doing deliveries or order picking I want the dynamic and creative portion as well as the more mundane bits I can do from home. As such, after lots of discussing with my husband, I have decided to try and structure the business so I can outsourced those bits from the off. It may mean less clear profit or perhaps more if my time is better spent business building… in fact we will never know but it will enable me to have the balanced lifestyle I would like, or at least I think it will.
4. More on minimalism. I have been watching all the videos and it has truly struck me how little of my stuff I use. My brain is ticking and I want to do another big clear out. Our house is small and clearing out often is vital. Its a little hard when I dont get time alone and my husband has limited time off but slowly and surely I will do it.
5. On the small house. we met a builder, who had fab ideas, and we are confident our house can become a 3 bedder quite easily. But it will cost a lot and right now that is not our priority so we are hitting pause and getting on with what we have.
6. Priceline has a 40% off sale and I bought three considered purchases. Two of the Max factor creme puff blush and a bourjoirs healthy mix gel foundation. So far the blushers are both loved and the healthy mix feels quite nice on my skin. I struggle as I hate the feel of cream on my skin but this feels light and I don’t get irritated by it so far.
7. This week has been testing , to say the least, we are adjusting to new sleeping patterns, catching up on sleep deficits, teething like maniacs ( 6 teeth in 3 weeks and counting) and have a teething cold with secondary ear infection. All of this leads to a clingy baby in my lap and lots of ABC kids… which leads me to question what the hell is Yo gabba gabba? it reminds me of the groove is in the heart video?!?
8. Exercise has been truly out of the window. It feels like even getting out of bed and through the day is an achievement right now. I am trying to be kind to my body and let it rest but it has a deadline of this weekend.
9. Also weight watchers. I am counting points but I really need to clean up my act. I am pretty good at putting the good stuff in now I need to swap some less good stuff out. Morning snack for veg sticks and hummous and afternoon yogurt for natural yogurt and blueberries…. also, i bore myself just quit the diet coke!
10. On the subject of food. I have been thinking a ton about sugar. I loved the freedom I felt when my cravings left the building. I want this back so I am planning to cut it again following much the same guidelines I did before. Have you seen that sugar film? I want to go and get inspired.
Fill me in where are you all at? Also I am loving youtube, should i be vlogging my boring life? should i venture to videos? what do you all think- blogging or videos what do you prefer?